Privacy Focus Group – Plenary meeting
27 September 2021 – Cyber Security Coalition
For members only
In this first in-person meeting since February 2020, the Privacy Focus Group aims at organizing a lively discussion on the topic of the role and responsibilities of the Data Protection Office. DPOs share many common challenges and may benefit from the experiences of their peers in handling them.
One of the crucial aspects of the DPO role is their independency. In daily practice we see that different governance models are being applied.
- How is the Data Protection Office organized in your organization?
- What is the relation with the CISO, the Legal team, HR team, …?
- Which guidance, directives do you receive from the umbrella organization?
- What is the role of the DPO in the DPIAs and data breach impact assessment and who is responsible for the final validation?
- Does your organization take into account the advice of the DPO?
- What is the role of the DPO in the implementation of new organizational and technical measures?
- What has been the success of the last years?
- What are the challenges in the coming months, years?
- How do you cooperate with the data protection supervisory authority?
Stéphanie De Clercq (BNP Paribas Fortis) and Taco Mulder (CHU-UVC Brugmann & HUDERF) will kick off the discussions.
Venue & date:
The Focus Group will convene in person on Monday, September 27th at 9:30 AM at the premises of the VBO-FEB, Rue Ravensteinstraat 4, 1000 Brussels.